I love my Brother HL-L2370DW laser printer. It has served my family well and reliably since I purchased it to replace my HP inkjet printer during the great Covid printer ink shortage. It’s been the rock that’s helped our children thrive during periods of at home learning during Covid and has generally made life much easier.
I was quite surprised to receive a toner low message just 4 months after purchase. How could this be? Between two adults and two children we’ve certainly printed our share of documents, but I wouldn’t say that we’ve been heavy users.
After a some research into the printer, official Brother toner cartridges, and third part toner cartridges, I discovered the many users simply perform a software reset and continue to print using the same toner cartridge for quite a long time after receiving the initial low toner message. Instructions to do this require a little more digging, so here they are:
Resetting Brother HL-L2370DW Toner
- Open the front toner cartridge cover.
- Simultaneously press the the ‘Back’ and green ‘Go’ button then quickly press the ‘Back’ key.
- You will see TNR -STR on the screen.
- Press the up arrow button twice. You will see TNR-HC on the screen.
- Press the ‘OK’ button.
- Press the down arrow button to reset the cartridge. You will see accepted.
- Close the toner cartridge cover.
Once reset, you can continue printing pages until you truly need to replace the toner cartridge, which depending on your needs can be quite a long time.